When you order, we will require your name, address, credit / debit card number, card expiry date and security code. Without this information we will not be able to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order. A contact telephone number will also be required so that we may contact you urgently if there are any issues with your order. We may, unless advised otherwise, pass your address and contact details to our couriers or other agents in case they need to contact you to arrange the processing or delivery of your order.
Orders placed by telephone or on-line after 12 noon will not be processed until the following day for delivery the day after. Orders placed by telephone or on-line before 12 noon will be processed that day for delivery the following day, unless alternative instructions are received.
Whilst the order will have been dispatched for next day delivery, HB Ingredients cannot guarantee delivery next day, since delivery will be made by an external courier.
If you have an established credit account, our standard terms are 30 days from the date of invoice, unless an alternative period has been arranged. All goods will remain the property of Henley Bridge Ingredients Ltd who will possess Reservation of Title until paid for in full.
If you do not have a credit account, your order will only be processed once full payment has been received. Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- Debit Card ( Delta / Visa debit card / Electron / Maestro / Switch )
- Credit Card ( MasterCard / Visa )
- Depositing funds directly into Henley Bridge Ingredients Ltd UK Sterling or Euro Account (Cash or via BACS payment)
- Cheque ( subject to a delay of 5 working days for clearance )
Please note that as part of our Fraud Prevention Measures, all payments by credit or debit card will be subject to address and postcode verification checks. Any transactions where one or more of these checks are failed, may be declined by our Payment Services Provider. For your added protection, we do not store your card details.
Setting up a Credit Account
To set up a credit account, you will be required to complete an account application form which can be mailed to you or sent via email. Please note that it can take a few weeks to obtain references. Please also note that credit facilities may be reduced or withdrawn if invoices are not paid in accordance with our standard payment terms or the specific terms agreed between both parties.
Prices and VAT
All prices are quoted net of VAT and may be subject to alteration at any time and without prior notification. Please note that a small number of our products attract VAT at the standard rate. Prices are correct at time of going to press, errors and admissions accepted.
Although we endeavor to ensure most items in our product Price Lists are available from stock, please note that, where stock is not available, there may be a delay in fulfilling all or part of your order.
When an order is placed, we will confirm if any item is out of stock and will advise an estimated time as to when it will be available for delivery. We will then offer the following options:
- Accepting the incomplete order now and then adding the missing item to your next order or
- Holding the whole order until all items are in stock.
Delivery charges will apply in each case in accordance with our Delivery Charges policy.
Standard UK Mainland customers, including deliveries on our own vehicles (excluding Highlands and Islands):
- Orders of £200.00+ are delivered free ofcharge.
- Orders under £200.00 attract a delivery charge of £10.00 per consignment
Standard UK Mainland Food Service customers (Band D) will operate under an alternative, pre-agreed delivery scale as described further below.
Bulk Sugars and Syrup
Full Pallet delivered free of charge. Half Pallet - £30 delivery charge.
Quarter pallet charged at actual transport cost.
Single buckets can be delivered by parcel carrier if the customer accepts the risk of damage at their own liability; otherwise we will only deliver them on a pallet and pass the full cost to the customer.
AM and Timed Deliveries
In hot weather we may choose to change consignment to an AM delivery. This is at the discretion of the company as we will absorb any extra cost. Should a customer require special delivery terms, the cost for the "special" arrangement will be charged to the customer. This includes Saturday AM deliveries.
All Highlands and Islands Customers (This includes Northern/Southern Ireland and English Islands):
- Orders over 45kg - Pallet charged at full cost to HBI, less the cost of sending the pallet to a customer on the UK mainland.
- Parcel orders charged at full cost to HBI less the cost of a standard parcel to the UK mainland.
- Orders under 45kg attract a delivery charge at fullcost.
- Customer pays full cost of all deliveries.
*Deliveries to the USA must be arranged and paid for by the purchaser, unless special arrangements have been agreed. Collection can be made from our warehouse in Lewes, East Sussex, UK.
Foodservice Customers (Band D)
Technical and Application Advice
- HB Ingredients reserves the right to charge for delivery on all orders under £1,000.
Technical and Application advice to customers is given in the best of faith by employees of HB Ingredients. It is imperative that Customers robustly check any advice independently as HB Ingredients and their employees can accept no responsibility and consequent liability in the event of error or omission.
Returns, Refunds and Cancellations
No products are sold on a "Sale or Return" basis.
Orders for standard items may be cancelled at any time prior to dispatch.
If goods are ordered incorrectly and we are able to accept them back, there will be a handling charge linked to the size of the consignment. Under no circumstances will we accept goods back if they have been opened or returned to us in poor condition or if they were ordered specifically for you.
Goods should be inspected at the time of delivery and any damages or shortages must be reported to us within 3 working days of receipt of the goods for a credit note to be issued or a replacement to be dispatched. If you are unable to inspect the goods at the time of delivery, please ensure that the goods are signed for as "goods unchecked" from the carrier. Without this, we will be unable to make a claim from the carrier for damages.
The contract shall be deemed to have been made in England and the parties to the contract hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. English law shall be the proper law of the contract.
Reservation Of Title
Any reference to Company in this Reservation of Title Clause means Henley Bridge Ingredients Ltd trading as HB Ingredients Ltd.
- Any goods delivered by the Company to the Buyer shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Company as legal and equitable owner until such time as all money due to the Company has been paid by the Buyer for those goods and all other goods supplied by the Company to the Buyer under any contract whatsoever.
- The Buyer's right to possession of such goods shall cease if it does anything or fails to do anything which would entitle a Receiver to take possession of any assets or which would entitle any person to present a petition for the winding up of the Buyer.
- The company may for the purpose of recovery of its goods enter upon any premises where they are stored or where they are reasonably thought to be stored and may repossess the same without prejudice to any further or other remedies which the company may have against the Buyer under this contract or otherwise.
- The Buyer warrants that it is not at the time of entering into the contract insolvent and knows of no circumstances which would entitle any creditor to appoint a Receiver or to petition for winding up or to exercise any other rights over or against its assets.