As hopefully, everyone is aware, the current supply issues affecting major commodities and the consequent price hikes, have been widely reported in our Newsletters and throughout the media.
- Cocoa - at 32 year highs and we anticipate that Chocolate Prices will rise in the second half of 2011 by probably around the 5% mark. Prospects given the current strenghth of the market and racing certainty that political issues will keep the market high would mean our crystal ball says that 2012 prices for chocolate could substantially increase further.
- Cocoa Powder - if you can get it, buy it. Availability is the issue and tight market conditions driving higher prices will be with us for the rest of 2011 and into 2012 irrespective of the problems with cocoa.
- Sugar - prices are up by over 2/3rds since September. Supply short and will be through to the end of this sugar year (Spetember 2011)
- Dextrose - short supply and high prices.
- Starches - Cornflour short and high prices, potato starch virtually unobtainable
- Dairy - The last few weeks of rising prices will hopefully stabilise as we enter spring and usual increase in EU milk production, but levels are very high and the situation is delicate
HB Ingredients will continue to work to ensure continuity of supply of all the above products at the lowest prices we can obtain, but prices are subject to fairly immediate increases as and when the Refiners and Producers arbitarilly impose them. We are in this business for the long term and so rest assured we are mitigating increases where we can.
What with global problems such as adverse weather patterns affecting world production, rising consumption, political de-stabilisation and the overall world economic story, these are unprecedented times and 2011 will undoubtedly be a remarkable year.
You will see from this and recent Newsletters that there is currently a huge amount of price inflation.
We are a well established supplier and endeavour to provide the highest level of service that we can to all our customers.
Sourcing and supplying the sweet side of Ingredients for the 'Best Value for Money'.
Supporting your growth and development acting as a trusted extension of your business.
Less Than 2 Weeks to go to IFE 2011
We will be exhibiting at IFE2011 from the 13th - 16th March at London's Excel, stand number S4614, click here to register for your free entry.
Come and chat with your account manager and see our exciting new product range, CaramanFruit, all natural fruit purees that can be stored at ambient temperatures.
Pidy to Launch their "Chef's a Star" Promotion
Starting on April 1st, Pidy are launching a "Chef's a Star" promotion. Certain Pidy products will carry peel off stars on the packaging that can be exchanged for top quality vouchers of your choice, plus entry to win a week-end in Paris, click here for more details.
Pidy Recipe Booklet 2011
Click here to download a copy of Pidy's Recipe Booklet, a selection of recipes from a range of chefs using Pidy Products.
Ethical Shopping Continues to Rise
The credit crunch has not put a halt to ethical shopping, with green consumerism growing despite a fall in overall household expenditure, according to The Co-operative Bank.
The bank's annual report into green spending on goods and services showed that it grew 18 percent over the past two years. The UK ethical products market was worth £43bn (EUR 52bn) in 2009 compared with £ 36bn (EUR 44bn) in 2007. The growth was despite a two percent fall in overall household spending in the last year. Read the full article
Andrew's Ride Out
HB Ingredients are pleased to add our sponsorship to Andrew Gordons
5000 mile 'Ride for Life' around the UK coast to raise funds for The Royal Marsden; it is his very personal way of saying thank you for the fantastic support and care he has received from the staff at this wonderful and unique hospital.
Please give generously by clicking here or if you would like to join him on his 5000 mile 'Ride for Life' please click here .
Featured Product Of The Month
This month's featured product is Amarena Cherries. Click here for full details.
HB Ingredients Trailer
Look out for the new trailer with our company livery on, it will be travelling around the country and occasionally abroad.
With over 1100 products on our website we appreciate that navigating to what you want or to see what we have, can seem to be a little daunting.
Please use the navigation links on the left of the page or use the "Quick Search"
Place your order at www.hbingredients.co.uk at a time that is convenient to yourself, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and receive a 3% discount off your total order.
With our new website, bringing you so many new "Origin" chocolates, each with a distinctive flavour profile, we have added a Forum to the site. Join the Forum and share your experience of these new products, it's easy to join, click here.